Winter

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Community

  This blog has primarily been created for the purpose of keeping family and friends abroad, abreast to our family's goings on. 
Every now and then,
 I have a desire for it to be more; 
        a chance for me to be vulnerable and share my heart;
                   an opportunity to bless and be blessed;
                          a cry into cyberspace to know and be fully known.

Even as I type this, I know that these desires are only filled by God.  Yet, being a home school mom can be extremely isolating. There are days that I wonder,
                          "What am I doing and Why?" or
                           "Am I even making a difference?"
  We were created to be in community, I wonder what it would have been like to have lived when the women would all go down to the river and wash their laundry together and be encouraged, admonished, mentored, and instructed.  What was it like to have barn raises, extended family, and frequent church potlucks?
 
    I long to be assisted in this journey called Life,
                to be more loving,
           more giving,
       more selfless,
more Christ-like in what I do, say, and think.

I want to search for that kind of community. 
Maybe it can be found through this medium.
Maybe not.
I want to look for it as if for buried treasure.  I want to offer it as well as receive it.
I'll keep you posted (no pun intended  : D) with my findings.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious