Winter

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ch. 4 A Sanctuary of Time

I just don't have enough time!
  Have you ever uttered those words?  I know I have.  I've been angry, frustrated, resentful at everyone else around me who seem to have no problem having time to do what they want!  I see the Duplos scattered across the living room floor, the freshly laundered clothes shoved under beds, the messy stove and piled dishes left for who...?
  Everyone else seems to have their time, but I play catch up.
  Ann addresses this very issue in this chapter.  She begins with, 
"#362. Suds...all color in the sun"
  She reminds me that shouldn't I have all the time everlasting.  I'm a believer with all of eternity to live.
Yet I'm addicted to speed as much as a race car driver.  From the moment I awake I am trying to "live" faster than time.  In the process, (as speed tends to do) I run over the small, I react and often leave devastation in my wake.  I don't have time to just respond or to think.
"The hurry makes us [me] hurt."
"Hurry always empties the soul."
"I just want time to do my one life well."
  What is the key to slowing down?  Ann's answer to that is what this book is all about.  When we choose to live in the moment (thanking God for all the minute details) we live present pregnant.
  She points out that God is present [I AM] and that is the only "where" we can meet Him.


"Thanksgiving makes time."
"Life is NOT an emergency.  Life is eucharisteo"


I too want to live my one life well and present pregnant.  I will make the choice!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious