Winter

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas. The only thing missing was the snow (that came the next day)We start the morning out with a "treasure hunt" looking for the baby Jesus' that go to our three different nativities. We light the candles on our Advent wreath, read the Christmas story from our Advent storybook, and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Then the kids dive in. We try to keep Christmas gifts simple and more needs than wants. We have good friends that do only 3 gifts/child (that's how many Jesus received on his birthday) and we've adopted that as well. I also get each child an ornament. Levi could've cared less about any of it, he was more interested in the tissue paper and wrapping paper that had already been torn off. One of the gifts froam $ from family was a trampoline... What a huge hit!!! That's gonna be their P.E. for school, "Go jump for 20min." YEA!!!

I fixed a turkey with all the trimmings( my best one yet), a French Apple pie and the infamous Green Bean casserole and we had dinner over at my folks. The cousins all had a blast and the food was great and the fellowship even better.



1 comment:

Jen said...

You guys have some great traditions. Erin is going to go crazy when she finds out you have a trampoline - she loves our neighbors. Can you guys pleeeeaase move to VA? We miss you so terribly and Erin talks about ya'll at least once a day. Happy New Year!

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious