Winter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chapter 6 What do you want? The place of seeing God

Ann describes a time when she "ran after the moon" literally.  She reminds me to look at creation to see the creator.  Creation is NOT the Creator but it is a reflection of His beauty.  Do I take time to notice? 
I live in one of the most beautiful spots with National Forest at my backdoor.  I have lived in this area most of my life.  For the most part, I don't take it for granted. 
I love the peace and serenity that comes with mountain life.  
I love that we have four distinct seasons.  
I love that my children can go outside and see tons of stars and name it "A night of Abraham".
I love that on any given clear night we see God's watercolor painting in the sunset from our deck.
I love that our "noise" is crows cawing, 
doves cooing,
frogs croaking,
crickets chirping,
roosters crowing, and
dogs barking at the deer.

I have NEVER chased after the moon.  I can't relate.  I don't play well.  I don't do childlike.
Therefore, I had a difficult time getting "into" this chapter.
  The thing that I most related to was at the end, I just love her vulnerability to be real because I've written these very words in my heart.
" The world I live in is loud and blurring...
...these kids lean hard into me all day
to teach and raise and lead and 
I fail hard and 
there are real souls that are at stake and
how long do I really have to figure our how
to live full of grace,
full of joy--
before these beautiful children fly the coop 
and my mothering days fold up quiet?
How do you open the eyes 
to see how to take the daily, domestic workday vortex and 
invert it into the dome of an everyday cathedral?
PRAYING WITH EYES WIDE OPEN
is the only way to pray."

1 comment:

Vessel said...

It rushes by so fast this life. We don't hear the quiet of life until its gone to bed and then we are to tired. I don't want to have to have vacation from life.I want to enjoy the peace without losing time with those I love.

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious