Winter

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Skiing Has Started


We hit the slopes Monday, January 14 for the first time this season. I coordinate our homeschool co-op's ski program and we will be going 6 times this year unless we have sickness or blizzard conditions.
This was Isaac and Abby's 5th time on skis and Miriam's first. Isaac and Abby were able to go on a lift for the first time. They were so excited. I was a little nervous. The instructor was with them and she said they were ready so I trusted her judgement and they did great!!!




My main concern with Miriam was whether she would like it or not. Although she was down as much as she was up, she always had a smile and seemed to like it. She was pretty tired after only 1 1/2 hrs. We only stayed for a couple of hours and that was probably all she could do (this time).

I was fortunate to have my pastor's wife, Kathy, watch Levi and he did wonderful for her. It was his first time being away from his family members so it was good to know that didn't freak him out.

2 comments:

Vessel said...

Look at the sunshine!
I so missed going.
Next time, next time.

Jen said...

Wow - I can't believe the cool things ya'll get to do. It really is a different world from us. The kids look so cool in their ski outfits. Way to go MiMi - such a big girl.

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious