Winter

Monday, May 23, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday


When my oldest was 5 this is what he told a firefighter who was telling the homeschool group about the importance of fire alarms, 
"I know our batteries work in the fire alarm at home 
because every time my mommy cooks
it goes off."
Everyone got a tremendous kick out of his very solemn and serious response.

A little disclaimer here, when the oven was on, it would smoke because of things burning in the bottom from overflowed dishes NOT because I was burning things. ; )

6 comments:

kewkew said...

Love his comment. When we lived in the trailer our alarm would go off (all the way on the other side of the trailer, in the boys room)if we were cooking at 400 degrees.

Sarah @GettingfromHeretoThere said...

Haha, I have had that problem too with alarms. Kids always pick the most "appropriate" times to pipe up with comments like that!

MaryAnne said...

Don't you love the things kids tell random grownups about your home? =)

In Everything said...

LOL!! yes, my family sings a SONG when the smoke alarms go off when I'm in the kitchen... taught to them by their Daddy!!

it starts, "Momma's in the kitchen!"

ANd I'm usually burning the green beans OR it's just smokey... LOL!!

Sarah said...

I love it !!! Haha!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

THAT is awesome!!! Love it! Happy TTT!

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious