Winter

Thursday, October 30, 2008

10 years ago today!!!


10 years ago today I was getting ready to embark on THE greatest adventure in my life. I had looked forward to that day for as long as I could remember. I can't explain all the emotions that I was experiencing, yet I remember them as if it were yesterday. If you knew me then you know what I'm talking about. There had been several long, difficult times but it all came together on that day.
We have had plenty of ups and downs. We have had plenty of challenges and changes. One thing is for sure, God is GREAT and His timing is perfect. I couldn't have imagined what a wonderful gift I'd be given in John. He is an amazing husband, hands-on Daddy, and the most consistent friend I've ever had.
I am especially contemplative about not only my marriage but marriage in general as we head into this election. For those of you who may not know this, California has a proposition on the ballot that if not passed could alter the way we define marriage. My heart aches over this blatant attack on one of God's "beautiful mysteries" that is such an amazing picture of His love for the church and even the relationship He has within the Trinity. Please join with us and others in CA that are praying that Proposition 8 will pass.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, ten years! You were so beautiful on your wedding day. I can remember those tough times, that you spoke of before the two of you got married. Despite the hardships, I can honestly say, the relationship between you and John over the years, has always been one that I have looked up to. Congratulations on your anniversary.

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four beautiful children and wife to my dream man who I am completely in love with. I love God and am in the process of learning rather recently (I'm sorry to say) that I can do no good thing apart from Him.

Family

Family
The Rumohr 1/2 dz

The School Kids

The School Kids
Miriam-6 1/2 yrs.-Discerning, Abigail 8 1/2yrs.-Cherished of God Isaac 10 yrs.- Child of Promise

The Lil' One

The Lil' One
Levi 3 1/2 yrs.-Harmonious